Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Entrevista a Miss Puerto Rico en la página oficial de Miss Universe

Entrevista a Ingrid Marie, Miss Puerto Rico 2008 en la página oficial de Miss Universe:

* What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?
I'm interested in developing a nonprofit organization and a motivational center for the youth. Also, since I enjoy writing poetry, I would like to publish a book. I like to surf the net, work-out, go to the beach, watch movies. I love listening to all sorts of music, from American rock, to urban reggaeton, to the romantic boleros and Caribbean salsa… and dance to their rhythm! The thing I enjoy the most is talking and sharing with loved ones, especially in outdoor activities, where I could see my island's beautiful nature.

* What is your career ambition?
I would like to pursue offers in modeling, acting and tv entertainment field. Also, I want to create my own business related to my Marketing major.

* What is your proudest personal accomplishment?
The most rewarding thing Im proud to achieve is when I help canalize efforts with others in order to contribute to the betterment of the society beyond daily chores. I’ve been recognized for community work back home and it's a huge responsibility to be seen as a role model. But the gratifying part when you give your time making a difference in someones life is when that person looks at you with a smile, hugs you or thanks you… It feels amazing! During this year, I was an active member in the fundraising for Hogar El Consuelo and for El Hogar Ruth. Also, I participated and contributed in the auction and fundraising for the Salvation Army. Im working with Walgreens on the project ‘Inner Beauty for the Community‘ where we recognize the efforts made by responsible committed individuals and promote this kind of actions among Puerto Rico’s 78 municipalities. On August, the Hogar Crea Crusade will begin, and Ill be recruiting the homeless addicts that need and voluntarily want to be rehabilitated becoming part of the program free of charge.

* What is something unique that has happened to you; some interesting thing about you?
I had the interesting opportunity to have the leading role in a movie where I had to play a homeless person! For this I had to change everything... my hair, nails, eyebrows, clothing, shoes, make-up, even the places I went to! It was very challenging and I learned a lot from this experience and about the different motives that drives someone to the streets. I identified myself with this cause and began helping a place where the homeless are taking care of by giving them food.

* What do you want the judges to know about you?
I take the title as a very serious endeavor, I do not see the title as a means of glamour but a serious job in which ill be representing three of the most prestigious organizations of the world, MUO, NBC and the Donald Trump franchise. I believe I am up to take this responsibility because I am committed with myself and society, and I consider the pageant an opportunity to stand out professionally.



No comments: